Friday, February 11, 2005

More Comments from Readers

"... if the chick lit stamp is a marketing gimmick, then it did a wonderful job of shoo-ing me away at first (then again, i guess I'm not the target market). But the line at the Gramedia cashier was so long that, out of boredom, I picked up the book and read the comments on the back cover.

Thank God I did, and thank God I bought and read the book. Just wanna say thank you for this brave, honest, and VERY relatable piece of work. Really, I've never found a story and characters that I can relate to THIS much in a long, long time. I'm telling you, I can relate to your story and your characters even to the smallest word. There are words in your book that I remember thinking them. Exactly word by word...."
-- from Rizal (by email)

"WHAT A NICE NOVEL!!! Dalemmmm banget... Tapi mnurut saya, novel ini realita banget kok. Memang bener, terkadang ada org yg takut akan dirinya sendiri, kejujuran akan dirinya, jiwanya...."
-- from Arien (by email)

"All my life there's only one book that can make my eyes full of tears, yours. It reflects my deepest thought of life itself."
-- from Danni Junus (by sms).

"love your book
thank you for being so bluntly honest
thank you for asking all those questions outloud
and
thank you for not trying to answer them for us."
-- from anita (by email)

"I don't usually buy your kind of writings, but I find it 'devastatingly' beautiful, honest and so everyday-life.....Bisa aja gw yg jadi si 'Yudha', tapi ya ndak se-miserable dia sih...."
-- from Benny (by Friendster)

"I love it. I simply do. The way you tell the stories through the emails and chats of two people... is just amazing. Sometimes you don't know how much those short conversations over emails and chat can and can't convey. It gives the illusion that you know someone, yet not knowing that person. And also the way you tell it, make you question whether the lives you read are yours and those related to you, or only fictions. Or am I actually reading my life?"
-- from Meta (by email).

"...membaca novel anda, saya seperti berperang dengan diri sendiri. antara ingin menaruhnya di sudut rak buku saya, atau melahapnya sampai tuntas. untungnya, keinginan kedua yg menang. mungkin, saya termasuk orang yang tidak bahagia tetapi pura-pura bahagia. saya bahagia--what a beautiful lie!"
-- from Windy (by email)

No comments: